The mini quilt is finished and photographed!
The idea for this design came from a petri dish with different kinds of cells being cultured in the agar.
I wanted this art quilt to be very touchable, so I used a lot of french knots and several different textures of embroidery thread (velvet, DMC Pearl, and DMC cotton). I drew out some of the shapes with a water soluble marker, and then added some organically as I went along.
I will be entering this little quilt in a fiber arts festival show in Montgomery (the same one where I'm teaching a hyperbolic crochet class!).
This was a really fun project, I enjoyed every minute of embroidery and watching it come together!